Sunday, February 24, 2008

Where are you Summer?

Friday morning I woke up to, yet again, MORE snow. The first two winters we spent in Massachusetts were fairly mild, but this winter has been very snowy. In fact, we got 27 inches of snow JUST in December, which was the most snow in December in 41 years! It just keeps coming though, and at times, winter seems to have no end in sight.

This is a familiar sight over the past few months (our Outback, before we dig it out)



Compare this picture of our apartment building with the picture in the first post-- what a difference!

We spent this past weekend in New Hampshire with the college and young adult groups from our church, on a "Relationship" retreat. I (Sara) don't have any pictures, because I often bring our camera places and forget to take pictures. This weekend, I do have an excuse however, because I was sick and spent most of the free time either coughing or sleeping.

The retreat was a fun time to get to know people better, hear our pastor's talks about relationships, and play in the snow (well, Austin did). One of our favorite New England sports is "Broomball" which is basically ice hockey without skates, and brooms instead of hockey sticks. I wish I had pictures, but I slept through the whole thing...

3 comments:

theansellfamily said...

Hey Calhoun's! I'm sure you are sick of the snow, but I miss it!! I wish I could go cross country skiing again. Hope you are doing well!

Ian and Sally said...

Hey guys! I like your new blog. We'll add you to our blog. I agree with the Ansells- I miss cc skiing.
take care!

Abby said...

Yeah, I hear ya. We got a blizzard here last night. We had a "wintry mix" that stuck to the grass (in some places) and everything. Schools were delayed, grocery shelves were emptied, and there were 7 accidents and they closed an interstate all within the 12 mi. stretch of road between home and work. It's pretty much crazy. Enough with winter! It's more than we Texans can handle.

On a different note, did I just miss Austin's birthday, or is it coming up super soon? If so, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Miss you guys.