Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Boston Sports

In the past two and a half years that Austin and I have lived here, we've made it to two Red Sox games, a Boston Celtics (basketball) game, and this past week went to our first Boston Bruins (ice hockey) game. I bought the Bruins tickets for Austin's birthday, and we had a fun night of dinner in the city followed by the game.

We've decided a few things about Boston fans-- they are often angry and also obsessed with sports. While we both prefer college sports, it's been fun experiencing Boston fans at professional sports. I (Sara) also really enjoyed my first experience at a hockey game. The Bruins ended up losing 8-2 (Wow!) but that meant we saw lots of goals, and a few good fights!

I'll post some pictures later, but our camera batteries need to charge...

PS: Congratulations to the Wilson's on Clemson's win on Sunday... Good game!

1 comment:

Ian and Sally said...

Hey Sara! Sounds like you all had fun for Austin's birthday. We never made it to a Bruins game, but from the Red Sox games and Celtics games I can imagine what the fans would be like. :)
Hope all is well!

Sally