Saturday, March 15, 2008

My Passport Arrived!


While I (Sara) have extensively travelled around the US (thanks mostly to my parents taking us on amazing camping trips as kids!) I have never travelled oversees. The times I have been to Canada, Mexico and the Bahamas, Passports were not needed, so I just never got around to getting one.

Until a few weeks ago. My Passport arrived in the mail this past Thursday, and while my picture looks slightly mug-shot-like, I was happy to get it.

June 5th-16th Austin and I will be travelling to Bangalore, India (See map above, towards the southern tip of the country)!! We are going with a team of other people from Highrock, our church, to partner with a man named Vikas. Vikas was born and raised in India, came to Boston for school, and became a Christian at Highrock while he was here. A few years ago he went back to India where he runs a shelter for homeless street youth. Our team will be working closely with Vikas to encourage and support him, and to help with the everyday running of his ministry. We also will work with the Evangelical Covenant Church (the denomination Highrock is in, and Austin is pursuing ordination through) in India. I am also really hoping we get to do some orphanage work. Fortunately for the sake of my emotions, Americans are not allowed to adopt Indian babies, or else I might want to bring them all home!

The details about the trip are still pretty vague and up to us as a team to decide. However, we would love your prayers starting now! Austin is going to be the leader of our trip (a role he just found out about last week) so as we prepare we would specifically love prayers for:

-Austin's preparation to pastor this trip
-Both of us spiritually as we prepare
-For fundraising to come easily, as we need to raise a lot of money

We will let you know more as we find out more details!

No comments: